Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ah, jet lag..... we meet again.

As you can see, it is 3 something AM and I am awake. This comes after arriving in Portland at about 1 PM, getting home at about 1:30 PM, finding extensive water damage in my bedroom that will take YET ANOTHER FUCKING WEEK OF CONSTRUCTION TO FIX at about 2 PM, having a hick supervisor and 2 Mexican dudes come into my apartment to pop the GIGANTIC bubble in the paint above the window and then ShopVac the water thats covering my bedroom at 2:30 PM, falling asleep at 5 PM and staying more or less asleep until about 1 AM, then finally giving up on the whole sleep thing half an hour ago. Mind you, we had to deal with getting kicked out of our own expensive apartment for 4 WEEKS before we left and were consoled only by the fact that when we came home, there would be peace and we could enjoy our jet lag and exhaustion in peace. Now they're coming back in tomorrow and probably the rest of this week. Add that to the fact that I am so very, very ill. I picked up a cold on my last day in Paris. Its the souvenir that just keeps on giving.

On the plus side, Minerva is SO HAPPY we're home. She wont leave me alone. She is the cutest, snugglinest, smoochinest kitten I've ever seen. And she's helping me write this post right now.

Well, enough of the complaining, I DID just come from a 3 week vacation after all. I promise that in a day or two I will have a shiny, happy update complete with pictures and whatnot. Good night...... and good luck. (That phrase really makes you feel cool. I can see why that dude used it as his signing-off thingy. Signing-off thingy?? My brain is sore)

9 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Oh I love ya!!

6:47 AM  
Blogger James said...

Oh I love ya!!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Man, that sucks. But I do like your signing off thingy.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm so sorry.... I was awake last night too around 3:00am - I however have no excuse other than INSOMNIA... man it bites the big one.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Welcome home!

Why in the world is there water damage in your apartment? Is it from the last couple of days of rain or burst pipes? Home maintenance blows. I guess the only consolation is that you don't have to fork over the money for it directly; just indirectly in the form of exorbitant rent.

Here is my feel better tip: Hot Toddy

Don't question it just drink one. Hell drink many! They are delicious and will make you feel warm all over.

10:05 AM  
Blogger kara said...

Ahhh, the last day of the trip cold that turns into pneumonia on the plane ride home. Glorious.

And now...bring on the photos.

1:19 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Sarah - thank you.... And good luck. Now I can't stop.

Emily - I actually thought of you when I was mulling around at 3 am, cause I remembered a blog about your insomnia. It does suck. Balls. And hard. And that IS what she said.

Amy - Thanks! And theres water in our bedroom because we're in the middle of a "one or two week" (actually almost two months now) construction project to revamp our complex. The siding was missing in one part, two apartments got hit with crazy damage, and we just happened to be one of the lucky ones. And yes, handing over the rent hurts a little more every day goes by that I get kicked out of my apartment by Mexicans and greasemonkeys at 8 am. And a hot toddy sounds absolutely GLORIOUS right about now!!!

Kara - EXACTLY. And yes, pictures to come. I promise to add both the beautiful and the um.... "James inspired". Here's a teaser: What would James and I take pictures of while at a few of the worlds most famous works of art?




(ps. Its balls. Lots and lots of balls)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I just noticed how much James loves ya. Twice! That's alot of love I tells ya.
I saw James' pictures today (beautiful, made me jealous a tad) but I didn't see balls. That one must have been on your camera.
Thanks for the postcard with the "highland calf". He's wonderful. And the "wee monster" onesie is fantastic. I can't wait until she gets to wear it.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

3:00am is the witching hour. Do you wanna know why?
FINE I'll tell you! ((Geesh))
3:00pm was the hour Jesus died on the cross, so the Devil's little minions get itchy at the opposite hour on the clock, thus 3:00am.
Now you know why I get just a tad uncomfy when I wake up at exactly 3:00am. I hate the hour...and 9:11 sucks too.

But soooo glad you're home and I am rooting for a swift completion to the ol' construction/repair shat you're dealing with. Hence forth toot sweet etc.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home