Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Its quotalicious.

I'm in the mood for movies right now. Well... I'm ALWAYS in the mood for movies, but for explanations' sake, I'm especially in the mood. I thought I'd list my 5 desert island movies. These aren't necessarily my favorite movies right now, but they're movies I could watch (and have watched) millions and millions of times. Here goes....

The Birdcage - Cause its the funniest movie ever. EVER. There is no argument to this, I don't care what it is you have to say. You'll be wrong.
*Senator picks up the phone*
"Hello Ben!.... Ready for what?......What?"
-"What's the matter Kevin?"
"Jackson's dead."
-"Oh my God...."
"He died in bed?... Who's bed?... A prostitute?"
-"No!"
"A minor?...."
-*silence*
"And black?"
-"WHAT?!?!?"

Shaun of the Dead- What's not to love? Simon Pegg? Check. Zombies? Check. Numerous comical references to horror films and other aspects of pop culture? Check. Queen? Double check.
"As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no 'I' in team, but there is an 'I' in pie. And there's an 'I' in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't really know what he was talking about."

Pulp Fiction- Its just coooool. Some people don't like Tarantino, and I can admit- he can be kinda lame sometimes. But man, when he's good.....
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Shawshank Redemption- Partly cause TNT plays it ever freaking week, partly cause its the most perfect script in the world, at least in form. Its movie magic, people.
"The funny thing is- on the outside I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook."

Rushmore- I just love Wes Anderson. He can make me feel nostalgic, sad, and amused, all at the same time.
"Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs... and TAKE THEM DOWN."

So there it us. How 'bout you?

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh, I think this should be a challenge.
Let's all list our top 5 desert island movies. Which by the way doesn't make any sense, because you'd have to have electricity and a tv and a dvd player, buuuut..... I'm going with it. Check my blog for my top 5.

3:03 PM  
Blogger kara said...

I want to list my top 5 movies that I'd take with me into a coat closet...but it's too hot.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

See Susie Q's Blog for her favs...

5:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Kara, it is very foolish to shut oneself into any wardrobe.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

In mere hours, you will be a college graduate. Wow.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

I am so proud of "my daughter Shlee of A"! You done good little missy!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am willing to bet that you have a hangover right now. :)

8:54 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

Actually I don't!! I was hungover all last night, and I was so tired from all of the goings-on that I fell asleep at 10 last night and didn't wake up until 10 today!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You want five!? You got five. My top five desert island movies.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home