Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Friday, August 31, 2007

This Monkeys Gone to Heaven.



Its nowhere near done, but here you go. Proof that I'm doing at least ONE of my summer break resolutions. This is a painting/ drawing I started a looooong time ago. Its a rip-off of Goya's The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters. I know, I know.... stealing another man's genius, but whatever. You try thinking of something that is emotional, beautiful and historically significant. Its damn hard. So I copy.

PS- The book to the right has the original.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Holy hell! You've been holding out on us. I think I may have to commision you to create something for me. I'm not picking if you copy other people's works... I here there's good money in that. Though how clean said money is I can't say.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Mac said...

Wow!Ashley, that is amazing.
Wat to go.

9:48 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

Amy- I'm okay with dirty money... :)

Mac- Thanks!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

Beeeuuutifull theivery! I have no idea if that is even a word, but really you have some serious talent there little missy.

12:11 PM  
Blogger James said...

You got talent kid!!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

And I quote James; "You got talent kid!"

Shlee, don't you just love that your "man" talks to you like a gangster from the 30's? I know I do! ((giggle))

10:00 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

Yea. So pretty much I am so jealous of your skills! I only wish I were that good at drawing. It would make my major be much easier. Good job by the way! Its amazing!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I can draw a stick figure man. Not a woman, but a man. That's it. *tear*
I actually prefer dirty money to clean money. It makes things more exciting.

1:03 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Thanks guys! We'll see how it turns out...

Sue- I DO love it :)

Sarah- I agree. Makes me more likely to spend it.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home