Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?

Here is a little update on crap-fest that my life has become in the last couple days.

So last night, due to water damage, James and I sleep on the couch. Needless to say, ouch. In the late morning we have one of the construction dudes come in and look at the big pool of water that has built up in the plastic tarp on our bedroom ceiling. The guy tells us that "it should have been fixed" and the problem might be much much worse than they thought. So we speak to management about our options. We find out we might have to move. Again.

Later, we toured a one bedroom right down the street. Its basically the same as ours, but I like our view better and its on the bottom floor and... you know..... I don't want to fucking move. I'm sick. I'm jet lagged. I'm unemployed and soon-to-be broke. (Plus James will be gone Mon-Wed next week and we cant move til after that. That's like 8 nights of not being in my own bed after not being in it for 3 weeks. )

So the deal is, they fix the leak in the next couple of days, thus fixing the rest of the ceiling and whatnot completely by next week or we just need to move. (Silver lining here is they THINK they found the problem again and expect to be done next week. We'll see about that. Even so, we'll be relatively homeless for the next week).

Later, I decide to get to work on update my blog with all my wonderful pictures (all 1200 of them to choose from!). I use Kodak's software like I have a million times before and when all is said and done I look at what should be a very large file and there are only 25 pictures...
I groan, give up and decide to try again later.

I try again later. It stops loading midway through the process. I look: no pictures. I try it again. It wont even load this time! I try just looking at the pictures on the camera. While turning it on, I'm greeted with a blue screen telling me that my memory card needs to be formatted. If I format my memory card I lose all data. I say no. It says memory card cannot be read. I die inside.

So there it is, kiddos. My dad is going to see what he can do with it later tonight, but as far as he can tell over the phone I'm most likely FUCKED.

Did I do something wrong?!?!? What the hell??? I know I'm complaining a lot and this blog has been kind of a downer, but come on.

I'll let you guys know when I know more. Wish me luck, a soft bed, Vitamin C, and refound pictures.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh man that bites. I hope you are able to recover the pictures. I want to see balls.
As far as the moving goes, we'll all help again. And this time, I can actually lift stuff!

4:44 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

hehehe... balls.

Thanks Sarah! My Dad is trying all sorts of things, but it doesn't look good...

What I really need to do is get better so I can see a beebs. James is already sick, and I hear your parents are starting to feel ill now too! Yeesh!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Ashely I'm so sorry.... everything at once.... too much!!!
I will totally help moving by sending my husband over again.... I'm no good anyway but I can sure hold Kate for Sarah while she helps... :)
As for the pictures I can't help exactly... but I can send wishful thoughts - I too want to see balls!
I agree - you need to see Kate - she makes everyone happier!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Kate is our therapy baby....

9:07 AM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

I love the place you're in now! Dammit!
And the possibility that your pics are gone, I have no words...

Get better. On a side note, I feel pretty good this morning, so maybe I won't actually get the creeping crud, than again I am in a house of sickies, so my chances are slim at best.

Does this mean I can't see the "Did"? If I can't smooch her I ain't gonna see her. It would be akin to baking cookies and not munching some of the dough. Yeah, you heard me right, smooching Kate is like eating cookie dough, it's all good!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Dear god! Whatever you do, DO NOT REFORMAT that card!!!

If your dad can't figure it out, let me know. I have an external card reader that reads four different types of camera memory cards that is almost foolproof.

I'm going through the same thing but with some files and photos on an external hard dirve I bought for extra storage and backup. What the hell good is a bakcup drive though if it essentailly eats your stuff.

Stupid technology.

10:28 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

Amy- Thanks! I think thats what my dad was trying, but I'll find out more about that later. And I know, I freaking hate technology. I'm the person with the ancient cell phone that *gasp!* can't even take pictures. I refuse to upgrade. When I was buying my iPod the techie saleswoman was trying to convince me to buy an iPhone instead and I essentially hissed in its general direction. I'm probably completely alone here, but the whole PDA, Blackberry, iPhone, ever-expanding possibilities in one portable device phenomenon makes me ill.

Enough rant. Despite this, I refuse to believe it was my fault that the pictures are lost. I did everything the way I've always done it on the same laptop! *grumble*

11:01 AM  
Blogger kara said...

That is heartbreaking. Technology is evil. And you shouldn't be paying rent while all this shit goes on...you should be looking into whether or not they should be paying you.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Any luck with the pictures?

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home