Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Paris, part trois

A Paris street, looking ever-so Parisful.


L'Arc de Triomphe. Its a lot bigger than you'd think it would be. That Napoleon sure had some size issues...


I'm smiling for two reasons, really. 1) I'm in Paris by the Arc de Triomphe. 2) In order for James to get this shot he has to squat in the middle of a very busy street. Hehehehe.....


Ah, Paris in September. So glum and pretty.

Doesn't it look like the Eiffel Tower is doing the splits?


Yeah, I'm sideways, but I'm oh-so Parisian looking with my umbrella.


You can't tell, but we are just absolutely soaking wet by this point.


Ah.... Nothing disrupts a perfect shot quite like a blimp advertising Rugby games.


Beautiful.


Me on our balcony, just after we got back from walking all over Paris. Notice it stopped raining and the sun came out... But I look happy, don't I?!


I have no words.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

Photos are a glorious thing.
Memories are even better.
Thanks for sharing yours with us.
I'm going to Aloha today. I will send photos.

8:05 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

Ooooh!! Aloha! I hear that its JUST like going to Hillsboro or Beaverton but there's less Mexicans and more Asians! Lucky...

I await photos.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm with you Ashley. Who needs Paris when you've got Aloha!?

Seriously great pictures. Those gardens are freaking amazing. I can't even keep my backyard green.

Some day, some day... oh yes, I will go.

7:00 PM  
Blogger kara said...

Isn't it funny how much the weather in Paris is like Portland's? The only real difference between the two cities is...well...everything.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

Froelica in Paree, looking totally at home. Moose in Paree, looking, well Moose like and sooooooo Cheesy! He's doing his "What a difference a day makes..." face. Anybody? Anybody?

10:49 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

I wish I knew the reference! I feel so young...

4:54 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

I've got it...

C & R Clothiers. California clothing commercial from the day...

What a differnece a day makes....24 little hours'etc.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I remember the commercial. "What a difference a day makes...24 little hours..." and the guy slings his jacket over his shoulder and walks away. We always thought our neighbor Chuck looked like him. And yes, James is doing "that" face.

9:22 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

James is such a ham. He claims he doesn't know how to smile in pictures. Instead, he makes that stupid face. Its his Sears catalog/Jockey underwear model face.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Ashley - next time you graduate from college and your mom sends you to Europe - would you mind taking me instead of James - I wouldn't make that face - I promise! :)

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home