Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Europe the Fourth

Here we have Edinburgh (ED-in-burr-oh). God help you if you pronouce it with a "g".

Me, in front of the Princes St. Gardens. Lovely....
How'd the National Monument get in there?

Purdy streets, everywhere you look. Notice the "Kilt Sale."

The Edinburgh Castle. We didn't go in, cause we were poor. But we got a REAL good look at it from outside!

Me, with headphones, at the Palace of Holyroodhouse. This is where Mary, Queen of Scots lived before she allegedly plotted to have Elizabeth I (the Protestant WHORE!!!) murdered. I got to see the blood stain on the floor where Rizzio was killed!
Look at them Scottish bluffs! I can hear the pipers now...

Scotch. I like that you can see James in the reflection, drooling no doubt.

He he he he hee......

Ah, Edinburgh... Ya did me good.

Next up: Cannes!







10 Comments:

Blogger froelica said...

By the by- I tried to find a picture of James in there somewhere, but alas, there were none.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

This one set of pics got me but good! Damm you Shlee and Moose!
I wanna go!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Blood stain? I'm intrigued! When was this person killed? (I admit that I have no idea who that is.)
Awesome pictures.

8:49 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Rizzio? Hmm... Probably middle of the 17th Century. He was just some dude who was a little too close to Mary for the Kings liking (even though he was really a homo). He had him killed. He was stabbed something like 20 times.

9:11 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Typo! I mean middle 16th Century.

Like it matters...

9:12 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

OK, I'm a nerd and I just looked it up, and 16th Century was right, AND he was stabbed 57 times.

HOLY CRAP! That's a lot of stabbing!!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

I like the picture of the Whiskeys in the window with James' reflection in it.
Nicely done.

8:17 AM  
Blogger kara said...

You didn't go into the castle? Butwha? That's where the distillery is? And they have tastings. TASTINGS!

Ok, I'm really not all that outraged. I know what it's like to be a poor traveler. I still say that city has a ridiculously "hopsy" smell.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

that last picture is AMAZING!

3:10 PM  
Blogger kara said...

Are you gonna be at James' show tonight? I need someone to talk Dexter with.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home