Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Europe the Second

LONDON, continued.....

Here is James being a dork in front of Buckingham Palace.
Here is the Tower Bridge, snapped from our Big Bus Tour.

The Eye! Beware the Eye! Its watching you....

This is in Kensington Gardens, near our hotel. There was a bum sleeping a few feet behind me when I took this picture.

Me, and my cute new hair.

Ye olde Big Ben. And yes, I'm aware that Big Ben is actually the name of the clock. Asshole.

Me, in my cute red beanie (that I LOST on the train to Scotland DAMNIT!!!!). If I look happy its cause I'm in my new favorite place in the world, St. James Park.

This nutbar woman was placing her hands on this tree in St. James Park. I think she was praying or trying to heal it, or feeling its awesome energy or something. We felt it appropriate to capture a total stranger during a very intimate moment.

Me, in the park again. Holding the camera that would prove absolutely freaking useless.

The view of the Eye from St. James Park.

This bird was HUUUUUUGE. And 3 feet from us.

Aww........

Horse Guards.

How very London.

I had other pictures on here but the wonderful Blogger decided in its infinite wisdom to delete them from my post. I hate Blogger.
But, that should be good enough for London! Right? Next will be Inverness....

7 Comments:

Blogger Haley said...

first off, ive told you this already, but i looovvee your new hair! very cute! and.. so incredibly jealous of you guys! i must make my way to europe some time.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Is the "eye" a ferris wheel? If it is, it's terrifying.
my favorite of these pictures is for sure the lady with the tree. What a freak tree huggin' hippy.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

Who knew Europe had it's fair share of nutjobs, just like OREEGone. The tree hugger is hilarious! If only a squirrel was hucking nuts at the nutjob...

7:16 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ahh. I wish I was there. Because if I was there then I would know where to get my own pair of those bitchin' sunglasses James is wearing.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm just guessing, but I think those sunglasses are the stolen Hunter S. Thompson glasses. Either that, or the free ones they give away at Washington Mutual. I still have a turkey baster from them.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Love it! The bird made Molly and Charlotte laugh - Molly kept saying - BIG birdie... oh wow... BIG birdie...
so cute!

4:16 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Haley- Graduation, my dear... Graduation.
And thanks for lovin' the 'do!!! I'm quite fond of it myself :) And like I've said before, it cost a pretty penny, so all the compliments REALLY help justify the cost!

Sarah- Tis a ferris wheel! A TERRIFYING, terrifying ferris wheel. I actually thought of you when I felt dizzy under its massiveness. I thought "Sarah would understand how very VERY wrong this thing is..."

Susie Q- Indeed it does. And there was a squirrel!!! Not hucking nuts, but still. It was one of my lost pictures (sigh).... But he was literally one foot from me. I bet I could have convinced him to do me a favor (ie- nut-hucking).

Amy- Those are James' "Jewish old lady" glasses. He got them here, actually. They're terrible. I love them!

Sarah- Close.... very close.
And I got a free electric guitar bottle opener from them! Its also a magnet!!!!! What a country!

Emily- Cute!!!! I SO wish I were there when she saw the "big birdy" :)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home