Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Europe the Third

Inverness!!!! Ay, laddies and lassies. Tis Scotland. And the highlands, no less....

(yeah, they're out of order, don't worry about it.)

This is Urquhart Castle, on Loch Ness. Its old.
This is me in front of Loch Ness in my Scotland coat and scarf.

The boat on Loch Ness. It doesn't look like it, but MAANNNN..... its stormy out there.
This is a pretty place we found on our walk up the River Ness. God DAMN that place is beautiful!!!
Awww...........

Me, on the bridge where, one night before, Ray (the helpful old Scot) helped us find our hotel.
Our hotel, from the River Ness. She's quite quiant, eh? Notice the stairs that lead to NOWHERE.

The River Ness, on the bridge next to our hotel. This leads to Nessie.....

Me, in front of our hotel. It was SO nice to stay in a big, nice, comfy hotel room after our shithole in London.
This was from our hotel doorstep. That's right, peeps. We were staying directly across the river from a REAL FUCKIN' CASTLE!!!!! Awesome...

Next is Edinburgh. Stay tunes, chickadees.

9 Comments:

Blogger kara said...

Awww, I've never been there. Glad to see that Nessie didn't steal you away from your cushy hotel room in the dead of night. I hear loch monsters can be assholeish like that sometimes.

11:15 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Yeah, I'd be wary of them monsters meself.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Mac said...

Aww, Nessie wouldn't do a thing like that.
Great pics. Love the Hotel and Castle. Must go sometime.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the stairs. Reminds me of the San Jose Winchester Mystery House. We went there when I was in elementary school (I think). The story is that the widow of Mr. Winchester, the rifle maker, thought that she had to keep adding on to her house to keep the ghosts of rifle deaths at bay. Wierd, I know. But it makes for a really cool house. I mean stairs leading to the ceiling, doors that open to walls, etc. Fun stuff.

10:46 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

Mac- I don't know... Even monsters gotta eat sometimes. And thanks! Its hard to find BAD pictures of that place. In case you haven't noticed, I LOOOOVE Inverness :)

Sarah- Can you imagine living in that house??? That would really piss you off at first. You think you're heading towards the guest room and *BLAMMY!* its a wall. You take the stairs to attic and *FLORT!* fall out the window.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

*Flort* my new favorite word!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Jealousy all over the place!

Now, you'll have to excuse me while I go "break me off a piece of that Fancy Feast."

1:50 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

"Gimme a break, gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that.... ap-ple-sauce. Foot-ball cream."

:)

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home