Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh, dear....




I've been pondering writing a post related to my latest research paper about the meat and fish industries and the environment (and don't worry, its not a lot of hippie horse pucky, just good info for the environmentally conscious) for the past few weeks. It will come shortly, and will ASTOUND you all. Astound, I tells ya.

But in the meanwhile, I thought I might blog uponst my most recent neurotic happening. The other morning, I was mid-sleep, waiting for James to come home from Seattle, when what should happen but a searing, crunching pain should find itself on the right side of my neck. I fall back asleep cause I'm that incoherent when I sleep. The next day, my neck hurts a lot on the right side. I feel the apex of the pain. There's a small, pea-sized lump just under my jawline, under my ear. Its hard and painful to the touch. Now, like any good hypochondriac, I proceed to poke and prod at it, making it hurt more and more with each jab. I start to think about the professor I know at my last job who grew GIGANTIC tumors all over her neck from lymphoma. She looked like a bullfrog after a month or two. I repress it. Hours later, I wake up from a terrifying dream where I have tumors the size of softballs on my head. I decide to go to Urgent Care on my lunch break.

So I go to the Dr, who tells me it is in fact just a swollen lymph node (apparently they can be pea sized after all and not just the standard marble sized) and I have a mild infection of some sort that doesn't require any sort of testing or antibiotics. Ahhhh........

So I went from oh-my-god-I-have-cancer-and-I'm-going-to-die! to your-gland-is-swollen-from-cold-season in a matter of moments. Such is my life.
Although I should say that I felt WONDERFUL on the walk back to my work. It was like a second chance at life. And then I got anxious from all the worry. I'm a veritable ball of nerves, people.

Expect insightful and astounding postage within the fortnight.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That would freak the heck out of me too. Everything immediately leads me to believe I have cancer.
Can't wait to read your research.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

Reminds me of the other night when I felt a slightly raised something on my leg. Thought for sure it was a bug, since in fact it has to be a bug under my skin. Sarah had just told me about her friend that had them in her skin and had to pry them out. DISGUSTING by the way... anyway... I figured out the next morning when I looked at it in the light that it was just a scratch. Awesome. : )

Hope you feel better!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

Wow!
You guys should get together and write a horror film.
But really. What the crap? I am glad all is well with the Shlee of Ahhhh.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

Froeline, my poor little froeline. I am pleased to know you will not be covered with tumors. Cause damn, that might end our relationship entirely. I can forgive alot of crap, but, ewwww, not tumors. Sorry I'm shallow that way.

2:30 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

I thought of another thing I HATE.

The word "nosh".

I HATE when people say nosh instead of eat. It makes me want to kill

12:06 PM  
Blogger kara said...

you know if you hadn't gone...you would've totally died of some weird airborne swamp fever. paranoia checks save lives...and make for good stories.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Noah's Bagels is "Now Open for Noshing!"

10:46 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Oh, man. Noah's Bagels? That aaaaallllllmost makes me want to swear them off forever. But the onion bagel is so gooooood.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

And the Asiago Cheese Bagel. With shmear of course.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah Chilcott, I like the way you think.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why is it posting my name as Ashley? Meh?!?! Weeeeeeiiiiirrrd.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Any kind of lump on my body I instantly think I must be dying and I should say my goodbyes.... then I find out it's nothing - it's a zit! ;) Okay I'm not that bad....

Anyway - glad to know you are going to live another day! We like you.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home