Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Squirrel Cheeks-Magee


I know, I know, my little chickadees. It's been far too long since I've ranted about the inner goings-on of my life. For that, I humbly apologize.


So here's my excuse to bitch:

1. I have a 20-page research paper due Monday.

2. I only have 10 pages done.

3. I have to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday...

4. THUS I must finish my paper by Thursday night.

5. I have another paper, 5-7 pages, due Tuesday.

6. I am poor.

7. The apartment is a mess.

8. I'm in pain from my "condition" and need physical therapy once a week.

9. Physical therapy is really friggin' expensive.

10. And painful.



So there it is. I'm in full-stress mode. At least, for once, I KNOW I am in full-stress mode, and thus am able to laugh at it. Hah hah hah ha ha......


On a much lighter note I'm starting to plan my trip to Europe. People keep giving me ideas and opinions on where I should go and where I shouldn't go and all the cool people go here and that place is WAY overrated, but you know what? It's fucking Europe.

It doesn't matter how hard I try to make the destinations suck, they wont. I'll still be in Europe and not in Hillsboro.


Also, the Oscars are this Sunday. YAY!! Not only do I see just about every movie there is, but I love to bet on the winners, I get to wear a pretty dress and pretend I'm important, AND I get to eat tons of food and not feel bad cause everyone else around me is too. Excellent. Well... That is unless I still have "squirrel cheeks" from my surgery.... Damn you, wisdom teeth! And the appendix, the tonsils, and I'm pretty sure my gallbladder isn't doing anything for me either. Lazy bums.
UPDATE: I am in SOOOOO much pain. It was so bad last night. I took a whole Percocet, which for me is a lot, I don't have that much body mass, and it only curbed the pain for 1 hour. I have to wait 3 more hours to take another one, meanwhile my jaw feels like its being ripped off by a giant beetle. (I don't know where the beetle comes in, I just thought a giant beetle would be surly enough to rip off someone's jaw). I was crying! The thing was, I was so tired of feeling doped up I desperately didn't WANT to take more pills, but I could barely breathe from the pain.
Oh and that squirrel?....... Starting to strike a very eerie resemblance.... :(

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Fire those lazy organs!
Whatcha wearing to the Oscar party? I'm not sure if anything fits me! I'm a fatty preggo! (not baby fat, just fat)

9:13 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

I'm going to wear my fancy purplish-maroonish beady slinky cruise dress. When the hell else am I going to get to wear it, you know?

And you'll just have to find something black to effectively "hide your thunder".
Though I should mention I don't think you look fat.

10:58 AM  
Blogger kara said...

I threw up for days after that surgery.

You're welcome.

I'm not going to tell you where to go in Europe...but I AM going to say this:
When a man named Eustice hands you a popsicle and tells you to hold it for a woman named Phillipa who is being kept waiting at the station by a locked bathroom stall...only in Italian...throw it away. Throw it away instantly.

2:29 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Well I would hope that you'd realize that one instantly, Kara. I don't think I'd hold anything for an Italian man outside a restroom, much less a popsicle.... Something about that don't sit well...

4:12 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Okay first off - when the hell are you going to Europe??? How did I not even know this was happening??? Who are you going with? I have so many questions about this unknown yet exciting trip....

Oh and I am wearing my BEAUTIFUL pink dress I wore to prom for the Oscar party- however my boobs are too big because I'm nursing so I can't zip it all the way up and will be wearing a little white cardigan to hide the gap in the back... :) hehehe

Lastly - I think it may be time for you to just go in to the doctors and have them remove any organ that isn't absolutely necessary... I think this is probably the best idea i've ever had!

9:37 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Emily- in'tn answer to your question, me and James are planning to go to Europe for about 3 1/2 weeks after I graduate, which is in August. We may go as early as September, but maybe as late as next Spring. I'm super excited. Just the thought of it helps me get through bad days at work!

12:33 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

P.s. I don't know what in'tn means, I've been on Percocet for about 24 hrs now and its getting to my brain... *drool* *blank stare*

12:35 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I wish there was something I could do.... would hurting the dentist help in any way? I know people.... :)

And about Europe.... that is awesome! I am so jealous! I wish I wasn't so stinkin' afraid of planes - maybe one of these days I can knock myself out somehow and take a nice long flight... Jon and i are thinking about going back east next summer.... I hope that happens - one step at a time... right?

Anyway - seriously sorry about the drool and pain - neither are fun nor pretty.... please bring a napkin to wipe the drool tomorrow night - you don't want to look all fancy shmancy and have drool rolling down your chin - it's not a good look - not even for you...

10:52 PM  
Blogger kara said...

I warned you! But aw, no, it's just a harmless little bunny, in't it?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It's my turn to hound you. POST DAMMIT!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home