Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Enchilada Sauce and Toilet Paper (Not the connection you might think..... Sicko).


The Magic Kitten has invented a fun new game. She likes to grab one end of the toilet paper and drag it all over the apartment.... Then shred it.... And eat it............ And make herself sick.

James discovered this new hobby one morning, and found it difficult to get mad at her, considering she was sitting on the couch, looking innocent and dumbfounded when he found the mess. Cause, you know, it might not have been her, right? I mean, she wasn't even at the scene of the crime, so there isn't a monopoly of evidence to suggest guilt.

Hmm.....

Well, Christmas is a week away and I'm nowhere near done shopping. In fact, half of the gifts I ordered online (avoiding the carnage that is the mall) have yet to arrive at my door. Minor panic ensues.

Oh, and I thought I'd mention something else. Since the dawn of time, I have eaten Mexican food. And occasionally, on such instances, I have been known to order cheese enchiladas. I've come to realize that EVERY time I do so, my throat kind of feels like its closing in on itself. I keep ordering them because I really like to eat them. (I'm like the toddler who tries to touch the burner a couple of dozen times, cause, you know... it could be NOT so hot this time, right???) Well, last night, as my throat closes in more than ever before, I have a revelation. Maybe I have an allergic reaction to enchilada sauce. EUREKA!!

Wow, I'm dense.

Now for some homework for all you guys out there in Bloggerton-
What is Ashley allergic to?

I highly doubt it could be the cheese, as cheese makes up about 89% of my daily food income. And I eat all other types of Mexican food without problem...

As a head-start, I'll post a common recipe for the sauce:


2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons chili powder

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce

2 cups water

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Hint: I have no KNOWN food allergies. The only known allergy I have is to sulfa-based medication.

Now.......... GO!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hmm, maybe you're allergic to the color red. Or...more likely...the "D" in the word "Enchilada". You'll have to cut out all things "D". Gosh, I'm helpful.

Oh, and they netflixed them all. Yeah, I just made "netflix" a verb.

4:22 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Hmm.... interesting.... That would mean no more soDa, canDy, or even sauteed DoDo bird. Alas.

4:50 PM  
Blogger kara said...

My guess is:

The plate.

And that would've sounded a lot more clever if Sarah hadn't beaten me to the "non edible option" idea. The jerk. With a comfortable couch. And corn dogs.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Froeline - I am so sorry to hear you are a pansy ass and can't eat Enchiladas... sounds like a terrible thing to not be able to eat! Oh and actually you're not a pansy ass since you continue going back to the enchiladas even though you know you could have no airway left after eating them - infact that kind of makes you like a gladiator coming out into the arena fulling knowing that you might leave dead - but you go out anyway because you can't get enough of the cheers!!!
CHEERS?? I know I took this a bit too far - I do apoligize however that you are unable to eat it... I would imagine it's probably not just one of those items but a combination of them that makes your throat close!

Good luck in your search!!!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home