Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Jury Duty


Now I know I just complained to Sarah that I never get jury duty and I want it so bad and I need to fulfill my civic duty but....
I just got picked out for jury duty and I had to decline. You see, I live in what we call the "Mulnomah County", and the buggers who want me to decide some poor shmoe's fate live in the "Washington County". Alas.

Is it sick that everytime I think of "jury duty" I think of the horrible Pauly Shore classic, "Jury Duty"? Yeah, I guess it is.


Plus everytime I try to read "Prime Minister" my inner monologue reads "Prime Rib-ister". Odd.

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Ashley you crack me up!!! Prime Rib-ister... god that's good! :)

Thank you for a little Shley humor! I've been needing it!

5:57 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

And its alllllll true.

It kind of drives me nutso cause I don't intend to read it "rib". I'll say to meself, "self, don't read the next one like that" and then of course I do.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Mmmm, ribs.

How funny that you got picked and had to decline. Damn apartment. Jury duty rocked. I haven't gotten a paycheck though. Methinks I've been scammed.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Sarah I remember it took almost a month for me to get paid the little $10 I got for just showing up and being sent home a couple hours later! :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

I want $10..... hmph!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Well froeline - you should have not declined... then you could be making the BIG bucks... $10 a day!

6:00 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

That's almost as much as I make at my OWN job. I work like 6 1/2 hours a day and earn about $45 a day. Chicken feed, I tells ya!!!

1:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So when are we going to hear from you again? I'm missing your silliness.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home