Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

We've Lost a True Champion.

"A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved."

-Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I know its a little late in coming, but I have to pay tribute to my favorite author and my personal hero- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

When I start to take life too seriously his writings make it easier to laugh at the ridiculousness that is the human experience.


I tip my hat to you, sir!



4 Comments:

Blogger Susie Q said...

Kurt Vonnegut used the phrase "So it goes" every time a passage dealt with death, dying or mortality. Always the closet comedian.
Mr. Vonnegut, we will miss you. And we say, "So it goes"

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

I'm not much of a reader but this dude sounds cool.
What is he riding in in the photo? I want one.

7:09 PM  
Blogger kara said...

Did you see him on the Daily Show? He is/what every senior citizen ought to be.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have only read a little bit of his, but look forward to reading your entire collection. He was an amazing writer from what I know. Bring me your books... (I was wiggling my fingers in a luring way just then)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home