Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

How 'Bout Some More?

You know the drill...

1- Sunset in Key West again.

2- There were chickens running all over Key West! We were told they were Cuban chickens. Somehow it made them even cuter :) This one was struttin' round the pool.

3- I don't think #3 needs a description...

4- Me, poolside, drinking a strawberry colada. Ahh........ Of course I immediately proceeded to call James and brag. Naturally.

5- Key West pool, sans chicken.

6- The water at Bahia Honda beach, one of the coolest state parks I've ever been to.

7- The *ahem* bridge, at Bahia Honda. Don't worry, that's the old one. We used the newer, more complete version.

8- This is when we were going over the 7-mile bridge in the Keys. And it ain't just a cute name folks, like the "Hundred Years War". It's 7 miles.

9- The sunset in Key Biscayne (just south of Miami). I want to live there so, so, so bad.

10- A lil' more Key Biscayne, or as I call it "holy crap!".

11- Crooked palm trees in Miami.

12- Finally, we have South Beach. "My wa-ta-ma-la-ness. My natural heat."

I couldn't resist a Birdcage reference.














6 Comments:

Blogger Susie Q said...

The 7 mile bridge freaks me out. Am I alone here?
And thank you for the Birdcage reference, a chuckle every time.

9:18 AM  
Blogger froelica said...

I thought of you guys when we were going over the bridge. And on the plane. And in the "storm" (or, as I called it, THE HURRICANE). And next to the gator.... I'm seeing a trend here. I've begun to associate this family with phobias...

9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

seven mile bridge. i say screw that!!! your so right ashley, phobias are definitely in our blood.

i want one of those chickens.

oh yea and i reeeaaallllyyyy want to go there! : )

4:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yup, old people abound in Naples area. Sarasota too (where Rob's folks are). And all of those gators want to eat Edie's little dog Paco. Snackage!

2:29 PM  
Blogger kara said...

wow...florida looks so much better when it's not pictures of disney world.

9:52 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Haley- I know! And the chicken must have a Cubano name. Like Esteban.
Yes....

Sarah- Yeah, most places in Florida and Arizona are simply TEEMING with old folk.

Kara- Doesn't it just?

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home