Open-Faced Club Sandwich

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's on.


Most of you know about our microwave. For those of you who don't, its so filthy fucking disgusting that it has its own ecosystem. It does. I'm pretty sure we've invented a few new species with this thing.

You might also know that since I clean everything that is horrible and disgusting in our apartment, I have been refusing to clean the filthy beast for months. It's James' job. He knows it, too. This last Sunday we were kindly offered a free CLEAN microwave from Sue *tip the hat to Sue*, and James refused because "we have a perfectly good microwave at home that just needs to be cleaned." Sue said, OK, but you need to promise to clean it TOMORROW. He said OK. He didn't. Then, on Monday, he promised me: I'll clean it tomorrow. I promise.

It didn't happen. Its Wednesday. I've threatened to dump his ass if it isn't clean by midnight on Thursday.
I'll keep you updated.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm all about ultimatums (that can't be spelled right...)

Rather than tell josh what he has to do, I tell him the things he has NOT to do. Otherwise, I dump him.

1. No cheating, duh.
2. No dutch ovens.

These are the deal breakers for me.

9:31 AM  
Blogger kara said...

why don't you just toss the microwave and make him warm shit up on the stove for a while. that's enough to scare anyone.

sarah - i still have the micro you and josh gave me. it's clean. i lurrrrv it.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah- Dutch ovens?!?! I laughed about that for quite some time, then recuperated, then laughed some more.

Kara- Don't think I haven't thought of it. We have a nice big dumpster right out front....

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So, which one is gone? The filth or James' sorry butt?

12:41 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Unfortunately, they're BOTH still there!!!
Can you believe this?!?!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

Wow, Moose, this is your mother speaking. You were raised better than this. It's not just about cleaning the microwave now. It's about honoring your word.
Now go clean the beast, I love you...

2:41 PM  
Blogger kara said...

i can't stand this anymore. it's like a soap opera that has the same story line for a year with no resolution until somebody gets written out of the script by being eaten by cannibals or something. what's happening with the microwave?!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

He did clean it right???

7:31 PM  
Blogger froelica said...

Yes, he FINALLY did. About a week and a half later.....

8:43 PM  
Blogger kara said...

ok...i can finally sleep at night.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home